- The types of information that we may collect from you when you use our websites, applications and or other online services (collectively, our "Services"); and
- Our practices take up for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
- This policy applies only to information we collect through our Services, in email, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with our Services.
- This policy DOES NOT apply to information that you provide to, or that is collected by, any third-party. We encourage you to please consult directly such third-parties about their privacy practices.
Information we collect directly from you
We collect information from you when you voluntarily submit information to use or Services. The following are examples of when we collect information directly from you:
- When you fill and or submit forms on the Service, including forms submitted at the time of registering to use or subscribing to the Service, posting material, reporting a problem with the Service etc.
- Comments and opinions you send to us: such as submissions through the Service, telephone, electronic mail and regular mail or post comments, content or messages to us through a third party website where we have a profile or presence (such as Facebook and Twitter).
- Preferences that you set on the Service: such as notifications you wish to receive.
- Location data.
Examples of information we collect may include: name, address, telephone number, email address, comments you submit to the Service, opinions and correspondence you share with us, your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Services and your usage details etc.
We collect data about how you use the Service such as the pages and links you access, searches you make, the time you access the Service and duration you are on it, the site you come to the Service from or go to after leaving the Service, selections and choices you make and preferences that you set when using the Service.
We collect data about the computer or other electronic device (“device”) you use to connect to the Service such as details about the type of device (which can include unique device identifying numbers), its operating system, browser and applications connected to the Service through the device, your Internet service provider or mobile network, your IP address and your devices telephone number (if it has one).
We collect information about your actual location (using the functionality in your device), to allow us identify your location and enable us to show where street food stalls are near you and, if you are a street food stall owner to allow you to show us where you are. You may turn the functionality off, but your user experience may be diminished.
The information we collect on our Services may include:
- Your account information: Your full name, email address, postal code, password and any other information you may provide connected to your account, such as gender, mobile phone number and website. Your profile picture that will be publicly displayed as part of your account profile. You can provide to us the same information through third-party sign-in services such as Facebook and Google Plus. In that cases, we fetch and store all informationthat is made available to us by you through these services.
- Your preferences: Your preferences and settings for example Location, time zone third party preferences etc.
- Your content: Information you provide through our Services, including your reviews, photographs, comments, lists, followers, the users you follow, current and prior Vendors you visit food ordering details and history, Bookmarked Vendors etc.
- Your searches and other activities: The search terms and words you look up and results you selected or deselected.
- Your browsing information: How long you used our Services and which features you used; the ads you clicked on etc.
- Your communications: Communications between you and other users or Vendors through our Services.
You may provide information such as places, hygiene ratings, comments, photos, up votes, down votes, shares, check-ins, friends, lists, etc.) to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on areas that are publicly accessible on our Services., or transmitted to other uses of our Services or third-parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted for others to view at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users on our Services with whom you may to choose to share you User Contributions. Hence, we do not guarantee that you User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We may display this information of the Services, share it with businesses and vendors, and further distribute it to a wide audience through third party sites and services.
The above information provide by you to us is used to enhance functionality and improve the quality of our Services. This information will also be used to personalise your experience when using our Services to serve you better. We also use the information and your posts to display advertising, provide support, communication purposes, and to comply with all our legal obligations.
You have the option to request your friends to join the Services we provide by giving their contact information. If you request a friend to join and connect with you on our Services, we will use your friend’s contact information to process your request.
We may receive information about you from third parties in the following ways
- We can also obtain information about you from third parties such as partners, marketers, third-party websites, and researchers, and combine that information with information which we collect from or about you.
When you use one of our location-enabled services (by accessing any of our Services e.g. from a mobile device), we may collect and process information about your mobile device’s GPS location (which may include the latitude, longitude or altitude of your mobile device) and the time the location information is recorded to customize the Services with location-based informationSome of these We keep this data for no longer than is reasonably necessary for providing services to you. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by disabling the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, provided your device allows you to do this. See your device manufacturer’s instructions for further details. This in some cases may hamper the use and functioning of the Service that is provided to you.
Third parties whose products or services are accessible or advertised through the Services may also use the cookies in similar manner. But as we do not control the practices of such partners and their privacy policies govern their interactions with you.
To manage your account and provide you with the features of the Service and to validate and keep your personal information accurate. We will use information we collect directly from you to process and respond to your queriesUnderstand & improve the content and features of our Services to serve you better andallow you to participate in interactive features offered through our Services.
To provide you with information about products or services that you request or that are fit for you. Enable us to show you ads that are relevant to you. We will use information we collect directly from you for this purpose also to provide you with customer support. As well as notices about your account.
To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
To notify you about changes to the Service and address complaints, comments and issues you have in relation to your use of the Service. We will use information we collect directly from you for this purpose.
To prevent, detect and investigate illegal activities, breaches of any agreements entered into between you and us and threats to the securityof the Service. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about howyou connect to the Service for this purpose.
EkPlatewill try to take every reasonable caution to protect the Service and data that includes your information but we need to caution you that ekPlateService could be vulnerable to hacking, virus attacks and your personal data may be at risk.
If you submit your information to us by way of directly or through our Service when applying for a position with our company, the data will be used to consider and analyse your application. We may retain your information for any period of time that suits the company’s deaccession. This information may be shared with other companies for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyse candidate submissions for job postings. Any ideas generated for ekPlateby you during any round of Hiring or placement processes is considered free to use and execute by ekPlatewithout any prior notice and it is in your full consent that we execute the same if needed.
You have a right to request a copy of your information we hold at any time. Please email us if you would like to receive a copy of this information. There will be a small charge for processing this request.